Monday, October 7, 2019

You Can Do Something

Hello world. :D

I say hello world, because I don't know who will read this. Sometimes I address these posts to my "dear friends," but the truth of the matter is... my friends probably don't remember this blog exists. I have been out of blogging and tell no one when I do occasionally write. However, I have never met a person who I did not like. I'm sure we can be friends! ;) Whoever you are, welcome! :D

I am super happy this morning! :D Life is GOOD!

It has been A LOT of work. And a struggle for me to balance work, medication, and play (and everything else for that matter!) I am really trying (to do more than work!. And God knows this. He knows that I am doing all I can. And that sometimes I need help... So He keeps sending it. In his own way. In His own time. I don't determine that. I just patiently keep moving forward the best that I can, having faith that things will work out. And they do. :)

Yes, He has sent another miracle to our home! :D

For the past several/many years we have lived with concrete floors. Our dishwasher flooded years ago, destroying our carpet. We didn't have the money to replace it, and didn't think of insurance until we pulled the carpet ourselves, making it impossible for insurance to know it really was an accident. So we never contacted them. We just kept on living, knowing that one day the floors would be near the top of the priority list, and we would have the money for flooring. And, this summer, we purchased tile! :D Only, we were still so busy working we couldn't seem to find time to lay it down.

Then our good bishop found out about it. We were in a hurry to do it so we could have the house well enough off for a home inspection worthy of a refinance loan, and he knew it. So he told my husband he wanted to send someone over to help with the project. The man he sent over did quite a lot. We did the prep work and he laid tile in our main living area, dining room, and hall. Miles felt strongly that we should do the kitchen now, as well, so he worked hard to remove two layers of laminate and glue. I am now tiling the kitchen, and we are working together on repairs before grouting. Though it is not done, it is beautiful! It will be done very soon. Here are a few photos taken during this process. I will post again when it is done...




The help given has made it possible for us to finish the work before winter so we can refinance. All this work, these miracles, the new flooring... they are all going to help us have more time and money and a better environment, so will help us socially (we will have an easier time inviting people over, lol), as well as financially (home refinanced).

Our Father in Heaven has been so good to us! He always has been. He doesn't take away our trials, but He gives us the support and strength we need to work through them and to learn to be happy in the midst of them.

I feel I have no room for complaints now. The past couple of days I watched General Conference and a video that reminded me of all the real suffering in the world, and of how truly blessed I am. I don't think I can ever complain again. Because I know that if I look for the evidence, I will always see that He is in my life. He mourns with me. He suffers with me. And He helps me to endure. He  comforts me. And in time, and after many beautiful and refining moments, He relieves my suffering. And He does this through others who are each willing to do something, too.

I think this beautiful video will portray this better than I can...


We often hear the phrase, "How can ___ do nothing, when there is so much hunger, pain and evil in the world?" Do we expect others to do something? Or do we expect it of ourselves? God does SO MUCH for each and every one of us. He inspires and enables so many charities and support groups. He comforts, heals, and strengthens. The REAL question we should all be asking ourselves is this, "What am I doing to relieve suffering?"

20 And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for a aremission of your sins. And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain? Nay; he has poured out his bSpirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with cjoy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy.
21 And now, if God, who has created you, on whom you are dependent for your lives and for all that ye have and are, doth grant unto you whatsoever ye ask that is right, in faith, believing that ye shall receive, O then, how ye ought to aimpart of the substance that ye have one to another.
22 And if ye ajudge the man who putteth up his petition to you for your substance that he perish not, and condemn him, how much more just will be your bcondemnation for withholding your substance, which doth not belong to you but to God, to whom also your life cbelongeth; and yet ye put up no petition, nor repent of the thing which thou hast done.
Mosiah 4:20-22

I feel SO BLESSED, and I'm really excited to do MORE, to help my Father in Heaven to answer the prayers of others, and to bless them as He has blessed me. I think I'm going to make it a habit to go to Latter Day Saint Charities.orgJust Serve.org, and other sites, to be inspired and find more ways to serve. And to be consistent in praying to notice and meet needs in my neighborhood and community. I'm so inspired! :D I hope you are inspired to serve, too!

Happy Serving!
Corine :)

LDS Charities $1M in Aid Will Help Those Suffering in DR Congo Crisis Donation hits milestone with United Nations' World Food Programme


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)