Friday, July 17, 2009

Blessings We Want, vs. Blessings We Have...

A little piece of magic helped me to switch back to positive thinking; it came by way of the re-reading of a quote which I recently was blessed to come across, and then by thankfully contemplating the blessings in my life...

"Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not but reckon up the chief of the blessings you possess, and thankfully remember how you would crave them if they were not yours." Marcus Aurelius

I absolutely love this quote! I love the reminder of how we would "crave" the blessings that we already have, if we did not have them.

Food/words for thought...

Corine

P.S. I love to sit, quiet and still, and just think about my blessings. It is a totally relaxing, and yet energizing and invigorating experience. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)