Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Evidence of Truly LIVING...

Did you know that I am a quotation collector? (Of course you did... isn't everyone? ;0) With that in mind, I thought I might begin spreading the wealth of wonderful quotes. Here is one I recently came across again on a dear sweet lady's blog (who... it seems to me ~ fits the quote ~ IE. she is truly living!). I smile EVERY TIME I read this quote! :) It is a reminder to me that all the dirt beneath my nails is worth it! This quote is especially appreciated right now, because I have been doing a lot of work lately, and dirt beneath my nails is much more frequent than keyboard beneath my fingers!

Take it away Marjorie Pay Hinckley! :D

Photo of Marjorie Hinckley - Isn't she darling? :D
I secretly hope that I'm that beautiful when I am older maturer... :o

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing my neighbor's lawn.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thank you Marjorie!!!

And, just for the heck of it, here is another photo...

Yes, that dear beautiful lady on the right is Marjorie Hinckley.
And who is that cheerful man smiling at her?
Why, it's herhusband, the late President Hinkcley
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
Aren't they an amazing couple? :D
When I grow older maturer, I want to be like just Marjorie Hinkley. :)
OK... time for me to get moving. :)

Wishing you all a day life of "truly living!" ;)

Corine Moore :D

6 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorites too, and I am so glad you posted it for me to read again. I will save that one and read it often. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote and put it on my blog long ago too. She is such a wonderful lady and example! (Of course, she still is even though she isn't down here with us still)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote. Nothing says living like dirt under your finger nails. :)

    Stopping by to say hello and sorry for being away so long. My temp work is killing me but I'm very grateful for it. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delia - I'm with you. There are some things the ears can never tire of hearing. :)

    Valerie - That's a great quote to have on your blog! Nice, fun, daily reminder... I like it! ~ She IS wonderful, isn't she?

    Jules - Hi! :D Great to see you again! No worries... we are all busy and "visit" each other as much as we can, when we can. You're awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book, "Glimpses" (or something like that) ... her daughter also writes a bunch about her in "A Heart Like His."

    Good to see you back, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love that quote. I to collect quotes. I should using them more in my house and writing

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)