Saturday, December 3, 2016

Noticing that I am Loved and Cared For

Hello, dear reader. :) After procrastinating sending in my broken computer for most of the year, I finally sent it in and got it back! :D I can write again! :D As for the past many months... Well, life has been just crazy! As crazy normal here as it is anywhere, I suppose.  ;) Life is good. It is filled with challenges... and blessings! :) It is filled with struggles, and victories! :D Yeah. I have nothing to complain about. ;)

But I DO have something cool to share...

For some reason, God has decided to make a special effort to reach out to me and to show me that He is TOTALLY AWARE of ME, and of MY needs. He loves me so much!!! :D I know He feels this way about all his children not just me, but that does not diminish the experience for me in the least and I will not take it for granted!

I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life. With big things (very big things), and small things. The big things are easy to appreciate and not take for granted, and often have to do with others. I am often prompted to bless another, and this shows me that God loves the people that He asks me to serve.

This week, the Lord served me.  :)

There have been several blessings. I will share one.

I bought a small black hooded coat from Costco last year or so. I LOVED that coat! It went missing a few months ago. I think my purple gloves may have been in the pockets, too. Sniffle. Sniffle. Oh well. As much as I loved it, I used to think that maybe I SHOULD have gotten the teal coat. I never forgot that. Anyhow, I have thought of that missing coat often lately, as the days have gotten cooler. I have a beautiful pink coat that is perfect for spring, summer, and fall, but I was very concerned about not having a coat for winter. And I really wanted my Costco coat back!

Earlier in the week I went to Costco and noticed that they had those coats again. Only I was too late. There were only a few left. They were all black, and the smallest one was a medium. So I bought a black medium. I wished they had a small one... in teal. I really wanted a small, teal coat. But they were out. I thought of the small teal coat they probably had before I realized they were back. I thought of it several times with just a tinge of regret for having not been to Costco sooner...

Then, a few days later I needed to go back to Costco to return something, and kept getting this prompting from the Spirit, "Go now. You need to go to Costco, NOW." I didn't know why it was urgent, but I went. I went directly to the return line. I chatted with the lady in front of me. When her turn with customer service came I turned to the lady behind me and saw a kid's Costco coat in the basket. "Is that one of those cool hoodie coats?" I made eye contact as she smiled and we corresponded briefly with each other. "I LOVE those coats! They aren't bulky at all, but they are comfortable and SO WARM! I just got one the other day to replace my missing coat. I wanted a small turquoise one, but by the time I saw it all they had left were black medium's. Oh well." "Small turquoise?" She asked. "Yeah." I responded, "I bought a small black one a long time ago, but I always decided that if I had the chance again I would get it in turquoise." The lady then lifted the kid coat on top and a few other items and pulled out a small ladies turquoise coat. "Like this one?" she asked. "Oh my gosh, yes!" I exclaimed... "Are you returning that?" :D

Turns out, she bought it for her daughter and realized she didn't need it. I was so happy! :D I tried it on, and sure enough it fit. :D And I bought it and it is mine! :D

I know it may sound like nothing to you, but I felt the hand of God in my life. It isn't even anything that seems to matter. But it does. He created us, not to merely exist, but so we can be happy. He knew that having that particular coat would do MORE than meet a need for me; it would bring me joy. And He really cares. He cares, not only about meeting our needs, but also about us having some of the things we WANT. And He cares enough to prompt us to be in the right place at the right time so we can experience these simple joys. :)

I hope you know how much God loves YOU. I hope you know that He wants YOU to have your needs and righteous wants met. I hope you know He wants YOU to be happy. And He knows where you need to be and what you need to do to have those opportunities. He whispers in a still small voice to each and every one of his children. He loves each and every one of us so much! I pray we all listen and obey so He can bless us as He hopes to. :)

Corine :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)