Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Sure Path to Happiness... :D

My daughter and I, several years ago. :)
I feel happy this morning... :) :D Thus, I have three awesome pieces of news to share with you this morning. *Please read to the end to find out what is helping me to feel happy again so I can more readily recognize and count my blessings! :) Thanks, friends! I love ya! :D

One -Yesterday, I finally exercised again. I rode a bike course that I normally do in 40 minutes, then repeat; it took me 50 minutes, and I didn't repeat it. It was, shall we say - notably more challenging; there is definitely something to be said for consistency! But hey, the desire is finally back! :D I think I'm finally on my way back to normal living!

I have a couple other great experiences to celebrate here today. Two - My family and I finally went on a camping trip this summer! We LOVE camping! There was a time when we did a lot of camping. Unfortunately, our business is so busy in the summer months that it is a real challenge for us to find time to camp anymore. I think next year we'll just have to make a lot more money and hire people to work for us so we can play some more! Yeah. That sounds like a good plan to me! :) *By the way, we took three extra boys with us (I love my "adopted" children! :D) and had a great time! (By the way, I'm going to have to do another blog post just about the camp out - mostly for photo sharing; stay tuned! :)

OK, are you ready for great news number Three? (This one is by far the best! :) One of the awesome young men who camped with us, (we'll call him Trevor) us has been asking us questions about the church for several years now. It has been so neat to discuss the gospel with this bright and inquisitive young man! It was even neater to hear that he wants to join the church. I'm so happy for him!

If any of you are interested in knowing what the "Mormon's" believe (Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), I encourage you to seek information from the horses mouth - not someone who gets it through the much distorted grape vine! There is so much that is false being circulated by those not of the same faith. Please visit with ACTIVE members who know and currently live the gospel to learn what they believe. And you can always ask the missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to come to your home (or meet you somewhere else) and tell you what the doctrine of the church really is.

I have been SO BLESSED through the gospel and church, so I really want to share it with my friends! If any of you have questions, you can come to me if you want to! :) Also, feel free to visit the following sites to see what "Mormons" are like, and what we believe.

www.mormon.org - What Mormons Believe
www.mormonnewsroom.org - For News Media
www.lds.org - For Gospel Resources (Bible and Book of Mormon, Teachings of prophets, Help for families

Related Sites


I found a video that reminds me of what is helping me to pull out of depression I have struggled with the past couple weeks so I decided to share it here (A dear friend who I have loved like a brother since my youth lost his life in the most tragic of ways). The Lord has been speaking to my heart, telling me that I need to help myself to stop mourning all the time, so I can be the mother, wife, sister, friend, and person that I need to be... so I can be happy, and so I can lift others and help them to be happy. I put a smile on my face, and have tried my best to do what needs to be done. I have cried a lot, too. I have withdrawn, and I have pushed myself to reach out to others; reaching out felt best. :) I did my visiting teaching and visited another friend who I knew needed my love. I have introduced friends to the missionaries. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a gospel of hope, service, and of love. This is where true happiness is found.

I would like to leave you with a video made for the children of the world by a living prophet, to teach them this most basic principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it is normal to have moments of quiet mourning, but I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and teaches me to look beyond my own pain and succor others. Herein lies the greatest path to healing and happiness...



I hope you have an awesome day! :D
Corine :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)