Thursday, September 27, 2012

Parenting Prayers Answered...

WOW. This blog of mine is amazing! :D Heavenly Father is amazing to help me write what I will need and then find it when I ask for the answers again!!! ;D

I was just thinking and praying about a parenting concern weighing heavily on my mind, when the spirit gave me some advice – then I accidentally stumbled upon a post I wrote in which a General Authority gave that same advice in the April 2012 General Conference... This was no coincidence... The Lord gave me the same answer – twice! :D And this time the answers came just 30 seconds apart. Heavenly Father is SO AMAZING AND WONDERFUL!

I wish I were a better mom. I wish I was the super amazing mom I thought I would be and always hoped to be... There are things I just have not been successful at yet. Sometimes it scares me. I don’t want to fail and sometimes I feel like such a failure already. I know I am being too hard on myself. I know I need to ease up. I just get so frustrated with myself! I need to be patient with myself as a mom. The lord teaches me. Then I forget and don't follow through. But I won’t give up. And when I ask for guidance the Lord always gives it to me (again and again when necessary), through the Holy Ghost, the scriptures, and modern day prophets and apostles. He always gives me answers to the questions I sincerely ask for.  

NOW I just need to PRAY with all my heart that I will successfully remember, follow through, and DO what my kids need me to do and BE the mom they need me to be... I need to be positive and full of faith. I need to work hard and patiently endure to the end. AND I WILL! And I need to relax and not feel like a failure when things don't go as planned. I need to remember that I am responsible for teaching them, and they are responsible for believing, learning, doing, becoming....


Photo taken from http://mac.downloadatoz.com
PS. Since I started reading the scriptures again, prayerfully and with real intent - I am hearing the answers to my prayers constantly now. I KNOW the lord answers our prayers. Sometimes we just need to go some place quiet and tune in so we can hear. Really studying the scriptures and praying to hear accomplish this. :) I'm so happy to hear Him so clearly again! :D I find so much comfort and peace in answered prayers. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)