Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mom - Please Don't Embarrass Us!

A quick expert from a conversation with a couple of kids this past summer...

Mom (Waving cheerfully to the half of the family that stayed at the beach...): "See ya all later!" :D

Levi (Groaning): "Mom, please don't embarrass me!"

Me (Totally taken by surprise... of course.): "What? I didn't do anything embarrassing..."

Levi (Waving gleefully and rather girlishly - as he mimics me in the most overly feminine high pitched tone possible): "Bye ya' all! :D"... never mind the rather EXAGGERATED wave WHICH LOOKED LIKE IT CAME OFF OF A 4TH OF JULY FLOAT WITH MISS AMERICA ON BOARD!

Mindy (...adding her two cents): - "Mom, we were all embarrassed."

Levi - "Yeah. Why do you and dad always have to embarrass us?"

Me (I walk over to Levi while laughing, and put an arm around him.) - "You don't have to be embarrassed. I never got embarrassed from my parents."

Levi - "Well, could you please allow your children the same privilege?"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so much meaner than you are. I tell my kids that I have waited YEARS for this opportunity. How could they even think that I would turn it down????

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got off easy! We did not tell our mom anything because of her reactions :D

    Way to go Mom :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)