Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Finding Comfort

Hi. Today was a REALLY hard day for me, emotionally.

I started out emotional. I am not certain why. Nothing horrible happened. I had normal concerns. I was overwhelmed. Maybe my hormones were out of balance (that was probably most of it).

Anyhow, I went through the day praying and struggling and actually had a sweet experience as a result of it... (More than one, actually)...

As I worked, a song came to my mind; I think it is called "A Child's Prayer."

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev’ry child’s prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
“Suffer the children to come to me.”
Father, in prayer I’m coming now to thee.

I could hear the song being sung in my mind... And I could FEEL that it was being sung to me...

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list’ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;

I KNEW that the Holy Spirit had put that song into my heart and mind, and that He was telling me that Heavenly Father LOVES ME, and that He was listening to my prayers. :) And He wanted me to KEEP TALKING TO HIM. So I continued to pray. It was nice, to know He was listening. :)

And as I heard the rest of the verse, I knew... No matter how old I get, I will always remain, His child... :)

He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom,
The kingdom of heav’n.
Children’s Songbook.

I continued to feel emotional off and on, but I DID find comfort through the Holy Ghost, knowing that my FATHER in heaven LOVES ME; I am HIS child; and He was listening to me, and always will... :)

I know you are HIS child, too. I used to seek comfort from those who I could physically SEE. I thought I needed that. I was wrong.

If you ever need comfort, pray to Him. He CAN comfort you, too, better than anyone else ever could! :)

Hugs to any who are seeking comfort. You ARE loved! :)


PS. I also had an angel friend who, by virtue of her awesome compassion and kindness, comforted me better than most people are capable of (Traci). She is one of the SWEETEST, most KIND people I know! I am SO THANKFUL for such angelic friends!!! :D

After my cup was filled, I was able to be of comfort to my husband with something he was struggling with. I ended the day snuggled up with Miles, a big bowl of popcorn and one of my FAVORITE movies: Enchanted! :D That movie always makes me smile! :) Happy day!

Corine :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)