Friday, December 9, 2011

Symbols of Christmas...

I love symbols. They speak to our minds without us even knowing it. They remind us of ideas without saying a word. They are like parables; some times you get them, and sometimes you don't. When the kids were young we had a tradition of talking about the symbols of Christmas as we decorated the tree with them. These were tender moments for me...

Recently I sat alone and read the symbols of Christmas. As much as I always enjoyed the symbols before, this time was different; I got emotional. I'm not telling you that if you read them, you'll get emotional too. I've read them a million times before without getting emotional. But this one time... Wow! :)  Seriously... with the right frame of mind, and a whole lot of contemplation... these symbols are amazing! Christmas with all it's many symbols of Jesus Christ and His teachings - is a beautiful blessing! :D

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that! I've always loved reading about the symbols of Christmas as well, but haven't read them in a while. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)