Thursday, January 5, 2012

How Do I Love Thee?

Keep Moving Forward...
Last night my husband and I had another moment of tension between us (though they are dwindling - farther and fewer between! Miles - if you are reading this; I love you! :). As I contemplated that moment this morning it occurred to me again that if we had acted with a Christ like love towards each other - the tension never would have been there. I told him my thoughts about it... I'm glad. :) We had a really good talk. I had been praying to love him more... not expecting to feel that love overnight, and my prayer was answered in just one morning.

I am again drawn to this quote: 
"Think the best of each other. Especially of those you love. Assume the good, and doubt the bad. The prophets tell us that true love "beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.' So Christ loved us, and that is how, that is how he hoped we would love each other. In a final injunction to all His disciples for all time, He said, 'A new commandment I give unto thee, that ye love one another as I have loved you. ' Jesus Christ the light of the world is the only lamp by which you can successfully see the path of love and happiness for you and for your sweat heart. How should I love thee? As He does. For that way never faileth."
...and this quote:
"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someones differences weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."

Elder Marvin J. Ashton

...and this video:



I am again at peace and filled with love! :D
And I am SO THANKFUL for the loving example of our Savior Jesus Christ!

Corine :D

2 comments:

  1. Me too... I just keep quoting it here on this blog because of it. It is one of my FAVORITE quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)