Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grattitude...

I just read a gratitude post which a friend of mine wrote. It had me grinning from ear to ear! :D So much, that I suddenly felt compelled to write my own gratitude post; so here I am! :) :D

I am eternally thankful for my family. I am thankful that when I came into the house after not being here for three weeks... that I didn't explode or get angry when I noticed that a tornado must have hit home. :o I am also thankful that the last time I was out of town for a couple of weeks... the house was very clean when I came home (as clean as can possibly be expected - and then some!); thus I can conclude that there must have been a very good reason for the said tornado. :o

I am thankful for my daughter, Mindy... working with Miles in the family business while I was away, in addition to helping her brothers cook, and doing a million other little things that a mom usually does for her family; I'm so glad she was there for all the boys!

I am thankful that the kids and I have all been pulling together to get this place back in order!!! I'm thankful that the lawn is mowed, and the garden is finally almost entirely finished being planted!!!! (Today was a very productive day! :D)

I am thankful that when I woke up at 1:30 AM this morning... to use the bathroom (sorry about the specifics :o)... and heard all three of my teen age sons up laughing and playing - doing what we like to call "male bonding" on their game station (or whatever it is called) - I once again kept my cool (Yes, I am patting myself on the back again! ~ I am getting really good at "staying calm, and carrying on!" :D). And once again IT WAS ACTUALLY EASY. :D (trying not to hyperventilate over here from shock and delight! :D)

I am SO thankful that even though I find myself in interesting situations like the one just mentioned - in which my youth have simply gone over the line... somehow, I am still breathing! :D Somehow, I know that despite the teen years, they will one day grow into adult men who will have better judgment than they now possess. :) (I am simply giddy with delight over this! The foolishness of their youth will NOT ruin them!) 

I 'm also extremely thankful that when I woke up last night, my sons were so bubbly, and I was so tired... that we all commenced to have quite the party; I was so silly from tiredness that I sort of resembled my childhood self when overdosed on sugar... seemingly drunk - though I have never had a sip of alcohol, so can only guess that I resemble drunk while on a sugar high). Dausen confirmed my assumption of my own state of being, by telling me he believed I must have been "drunk on lack of sleep..." LOL And I'm extremely thankful that we all had such fun that I'm actually thankful for for it all! :o

I am thankful for motherhood.

I am thankful for my husband.

I am thankful that mom is doing better and that I got to go see her and help her get well! :D

I am thankful that in this complex world that we live in... there are still simple answers to big problems, and an abundance of hope, light and truth. I AM THANKFUL FOR THE SIMPLE ANSWERS which are found through THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST which guides and lights my life! :D

I am thankful for life. :)

...and for you, my dear friends and family... :)

I am thankful for YOU. :)

Corine :D

2 comments:

  1. What a great post idea .... love the picture of you and your boys ... i need to do better at just treasuring the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to come back from my sick bed. Great post and I am grateful for you as well :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)