Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moore Memoir ~ Quick Quips...

Life has been grand! :) Stress just seems to be fleeing from me in the past couple of weeks and moments like these are in greater abundance. I think this calls for celebration by way of posting. ;)

Me - "Miles" sigh...

Miles - Looks up from his computer at me (Corine) and asks if I was going to say something...

Me - Sighs again. "Oh, never mind. I don't want to bother you."

Miles and Levi both look at me like, "What?"

Levi - "Oh, come on... just spit it out."

Miles - "Yeah!"

Me - "OK." Sigh. "I was just wondering if when you get done working on the computer if you could go clean out the mess in the storage room, so I can start putting things away early tomorrow morning." (I know! It is pathetic, really. I just don't want to clean up his wood chip mess from making adjustable shelves! :o)

Miles - This time it is his turn to sigh. He looks me over and says, "I don't know. Maybe if you shake that cute little tush."

I decide to reward him well for his consideration (he is my husband, after all!). I pull my shirt just so... showing off my hourglass figure (which is usually well concealed ;o). Of course, I top it off with a cute pose and a "shake."

I'm sorry to say, I don't recall Miles' response (I'm sure his jaw was dropped ;) ~ Levi distracted me. :o) But Levi's response was priceless...

Levi - "Mom, it seems like you are getting younger instead of older." He then turns to his father, "Next thing you know she'll be going through a teen age rebellion! It's already starting!"

We all had a good laugh... :)

PS. I wrote this about a week ago, but for some reason I never published it. Since then the storage room has been cleaned out and re-stocked. Just a small amount of work there left to go; yeah! :D It feels so fabulous to accomplish big projects! :D (And I we have done a few of them lately!)

Have an awesome day!
Corine :D

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute story and sounds just like the same kind of dialogue that might take place at my house!

    I just love when kids say things like that. Makes you want to kiss their cheeks, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BA HA HA I LOVE IT! You are awesome. I want to be just like you when I "grow up" ;)

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)