Saturday, April 23, 2011

He Lives, He Loves YOU... HAPPY EASTER!

I feel incredibly blessed to live in this day and age, with running water, clean homes, technology which provides access information on any subject in a few strokes of the keyboard, a fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and so many wonderful people in the world who follow Christ, and share their blessings with others.

This is why I love blogging. :) I'm so happy, and so blessed... to have met some truly wonderful people through blogging.

One of the blogs I read told of an experience she had which helped the author (Laura) to feel the Savior's love for herself and for others. She asked her readers to share experiences of their own. So I replied in comment, then thought it might make a good blog post of my own. Here is a copy of most of my comment (plus some big additions about Easter on the end):

As for moments in which I have realized how much my father in Heaven loves me; I have two stories which immediately come to mind. One, I told of on a blog I had, then deleted. I will go and add it to my current blog now, and leave a link to it here.

Straight from Heaven

The other story is this:

For many years, I really struggled with being SO DIFFERENT than other women... never feeling like I belonged, and always wishing I was more refined, like so many other good women that I admire.

Then one day, the Holy Spirit prompted me to read the "Anne of Green Gables" series. I didn't understand why this counsel might matter, but I could not deny that it came from the lord. I read, and I LOVED THEM ALL. The reason He wanted me to read them became clear (after I began reading); this would impact me for life.

As I read, I gained a great love for "Anne with an 'e.'" And one day as I read, I could feel, DEEPLY, (as I often did) the enormous feelings of perfect love and adoration which Anne's new adopted father, Mathew, had for her. It seemed he loved her far more than the typical father does.

The vast love I felt Mathew had for Anne was overwhelming beyond description.

And then the spirit whispered into my heart and mind, telling me that what I was witnessing, experiencing, and feeling, was how my Heavenly Father feels about me. I was stunned to think that anone could love and adores me, that much!

I know He loves each of us, His children beyond both imagination and comprehension. I am in total awe over how much He loves us... how much He loves me. Consequently, feeling so loved, has influenced me to love myself, and everyone else, MORE.

Every person, no matter what their flaws, weaknesses, or struggles... no matter how much they may not measure up to another person or standard in one way or another, even if in a slew of ways - has beauty, and great value to both our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ.

And THAT is why Christ suffered in Gethsemane, so great that he bled great drops of blood from every pore. That, is why He suffered again on the cross. That is why He gave His life... That is why He overcame death and was resurrected, so that we too can live again... because He love us, as does our Father... THAT MUCH!

I have never known a person who I did not love; I know I never will.

Should I cease to love, I will know, that I am in need of repentance, and a new perspective... and will do well to pray to see that person the way our Savior does.

In honor of our Savior I would like to share an Easter video. I hope you enjoy it! I hope you feel His love for you!!! :D



He Lives; and He Loves You...
Happy Easter Weekend!

Corine :D

5 comments:

  1. Great post, and I too feel as you do...so blessed to be living today with so many wonderful things at our reach. Anne of Green Gables, it is so interesting how the Lord interacts with us. So important we follow those odd promptings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he blessed you with a beautiful mind and an open heart. Wonderful post Coreen.

    Happy Easter :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I recently received a “Versatile Blogger Award. Part of the fun is paying it forward to 15 other bloggers that I admire.

    I selected your blog because over the last year, since I launched my site and jumped feet first into blogging, I have often read your posts and found your site inspirational.

    I realize this is not a “huge industry award” but bloggers give a lot and often receive very little recognition. I thought you might appreciate some kudos.
    You can stop by my site by clicking on this link.

    If you decide you want to pay it forward, please do. If not, just know that there are many people out there who love what you do!

    http://www.confabulicious.com/the-verdict-is-in-i-am-clueless-and-versatile/

    All the Best!
    Kim Bauer
    www.confabulicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. DELILA, I am constantly in awe at the many creative and beautiful ways that Heavenly Father speaks to us.

    JULES, Thank you so much! I was going to say, "you give me too much credit," then I realized you gave it to Him... so all I can say now is; I hope you're right! ;D

    DEAR KIM, What a wonderful surpirse it was for me to open up my blog and read your lovely comment! I am absolutely honored to be chosen... thank you! Thank you for the award, and for letting me know that you have enjoyed my blog; I'm so happy that you have found inspiration here. I pray often that I God can use me to say things that others need to hear. Every ounce of inspiration (only the good stuff) comes from Him... so you can thank the big man upstairs for it all! ;)

    Thank you again, for everything. I will pass that award on as soon as I can.

    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for mentioning my blog -- it's *wonderful* to meet people online who I am quickly growing to love. You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

There is a ripple effect in all that we do; what you do touches me, what I do touches you...

THANK YOU for your comments; you add so much insight and brighten my day! :)